The car is a total loss, but fortunately I only had cuts and bruises from hitting my head against the side door and being restrained on my neck by the seat belt.
The last thing I remember was driving along Hwy 165 toward Hwy 290 west of Dripping Springs. Then, the next thing I knew I was awake in an ambulance with an awful pain in my neck and a strange feeling of "how did I get here?"
Amy got one of those calls from Emergency personal that you never want to get, but was told to drive carefully to the hospital, and that I was conscious. At the hospital, I was wheeled to a bed where they took X-rays and then performed a CT-scan while I regained awareness. Soon, I was sitting up in bed and really feeling the neck-bruise that the seat belt had left and becoming more aware of the bumps on my head.
The CT scan and the X-rays came back negative. Apparently, there was no major damage and because I could walk, they released me and I came home at about 1:00am.
It is the weirdest feeling to not remember how you ended up in a car accident and to look at your totalled car and to realize that you escaped serious injury and even death by mere milliseconds. The other car was an SUV from what I heared rumored in the ambulance. Its passengers were in pretty good shape and walking around outside the car. But I really have no idea. I'll have to get a copy of the police report to find out what happened from their perspective.
5 comments:
Oh Travis I don't like seeing pictures like that. You were one car door away from being. . . well, we love you. We are sorry that you had to suffer in such a way. We are grateful that you are okay and returned safely to your family. We are sorry that we stressed them out further. We love you.
I'm glad you're okay. A long time ago my father died in a car accident and his car sustained far less damage than yours did. Be sure to take your kids on a Taco Bell run this weekend, because you can. :-)
Good Heavens, Travis!!
Sounds like the roads down there are dangerous!!
Glad you're OK, though.
Wow. Close call...
Just saw the photos of your poor car. I think your guardian angel must have been on your trip from San Antonio. How blessed we are that you are safe. Hope you're healing. It's a wake up c all for all of us to be very careful and have no distractions, cell phone, blackberrys, arguments, and what not. To always have your full attention on the road. Hope no one in the other car was injured. We all love you!
Mom & Dad P.
I am glad you are OK. :)
-Luis Cabrera.
Post a Comment